The Science Engineering Associates (SEA) Model M300 Data Acquisition System (DAS) is customized for each project in order to accommodate specific research demands. Data from each flight is processed, edited (missing value code inserted if parameters are determined to be invalid), and forwarded to the project scientist or sponsor in a timely manner (generally within 24 hours of each flight). All processing software is open source to enable scientists to understand how all parameters are determined. Data is recorded at various rates from 1 to 200 Hz.
Data Acquisition System Features
- Records and Displays Data in Real-time
- Graphic and Alphanumeric Formats
- A 12bit, analog to digital 32 channel, is used to acquire voltage measurements at frequencies up to 100 Hz.
- Digital data acquisition is available on 25 serial (RS232/RS422) ports at speed of up to 1.8 Mbps and on 2 ARINC-429 ports.
- Special M300 interface cards are used to acquire data from CAPS probe, the Applanix System and PMS probes.
- Data acquisition configurations and instrument calibration is documented for each project on the Airborne Research Wiki site .